Learn how to effectively use subsurface fly fishing techniques. This school covers traditional and european nymphing tactics, techniques, rigs, and flies. It will be conducted almost entirely on-stream with students practicing each technique. Essentially building a variety of nymphing techniques for any situation they encounter. Learn innovative techniques beyond conventional traditional and euro tactics. This course is designed to take you to the next level.
Enjoy the day while receiving group and individual on-stream instruction from Leo Vensel, Licensed Pennsylvania Guide, Certified FFF Casting Instructor, former Forbes Trail TU Chapter President, and 2011 Team USA National Fly Fishing Finalist. Lunch and information booklet included with fee.
- Essential Gear and Assembly for traditional and European nymphing techniques
- Knots, Rigging, and Preparation
- Tactics and Techniques: One-on-one guidance and practice
- Fly Selection
- On-Stream Fishing: One-on-one guidance and practice
- Group discussion and Review
– Tightline (Czech, French, Highstick)
Flies and terminal tackle included.
Wader not included, WADERS REQUIRED.
Valid Pennsylvania Fishing License
Where: Laurel Highlands Region (specific location TBD)
When: Sunday, April 9, 2017
Time: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Directions and other details will be sent to registered students.
3 spots remaining
Register above or contact us at 724-875-5712 or the contact form below: